Terms & Conditions
1. Each beach hut is available 1st April – 31st October with daily hire charges advertised on our website and social media pages. The maximum occupancy for each hut is six people. This includes children and babies. This number must not be exceeded. We reserve to right to terminate your stay if the number of persons occupying the hut exceeds the maximum stated
2. Booking times are from 9am to 6pm. Due to cleaning and beach hut security it is not possible to flex these times and you must have vacated the beach hut by 6pm on the last day of your booking. If your booking is for more than one consecutive day, you may use it from 9am – 10pm, except for your last day.
3. Overnight stays are not permitted in the beach hut.
4. We reserve the right to refuse booking/hire and to refuse admission/collection if any aspect of the booking is misrepresented.
5. We ask all guests to read the full terms and conditions of hire. The person making the booking is responsible for the beach hut, and must accompany the party, and be over the age of 18.
6. Please note full payment is required upfront to confirm your booking. Until full payment is received and cleared your dates will not be reserved and your booking will be cancelled.
7. Your payment confirms your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
8. We require at least two weeks notice for cancellation. If cancelled more than 14 days before your booking £20 will be deducted to cover administration costs and the balance will be refunded from the original fee. If you cancel less than 14 days before your booking the full value of your booking is non-refundable. We are not able to transfer your booking to another date.
9. You may transfer the booking to another person if you are unable to honour it. Please advise us of the change and ensure the new guests are familiar with our Terms and Conditions.
10. We reserve the right to cancel any booking/hire, after giving notice to you, in the event that we are unable to let for reasons beyond our reasonable control or in circumstances where we believe to let would be unsuitable. In these circumstances we will endeavour to offer you an alternative date, subject to availability.
11. Please follow health and safety instructions in the hut related to Covid 19.
12. Please wash up any used utensils, crockery etc and that you take all food and rubbish with you. We provide all cleaning products for this purpose.We also provide a broom and dustpan and brush for sweeping out the hut before leaving, and bin bags for rubbish. We take pride in looking after and cleaning our hut before any rental and would be most grateful if it could be left as originally found. If the hut has not been used with respect we have the right to refuse further rentals and charge for inconveniences caused. An inventory is in the hut and we respectfully ask that you do not take anything away with you, except your memories!
13. You may be liable for any damage caused to the properties during your term of hire beyond reasonable wear and tear. Please tell us about any damage or breakages at the end of your time so that we can rectify the situation. Small accidents, we will cover, but larger damages we must charge for repairing. We also reserve the right to charge for any extra cleaning.
14. Keys must be returned to the key safe at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will result in a £40 charge for replacement. While the hut is open, please keep the keys and padlocks inside the hut at all times to prevent loss of keys on the beach.
15. In the event of any of your belongings being left at the hut, we will collect, pack and post the items back to you for a £5 charge plus the cost of postage.
16. Well behaved dogs are permitted on the stretch of beach in front of our huts all year round, but there are restrictions further up the beach towards Hipkins between May and September, please read all notices and be mindful that children play on the sand so it is your responsibility to clean up after your dog and keep it under control at all times. Fines for this are steep and are enforced. Dogs are not permitted on the furniture and must not be left alone in the beach hut. One dog is allowed per booking.
17. Smoking is not permitted in our huts. If you smoke on the beach, please dispose of cigarette butts responsibly. Do not bury butts in the sand.
18. The lighting of matches and of burning candles, incense or similar is strictly prohibited within and around the beach huts.
19. We only allow disposable BBQs and these must not be lit in/ or very close to the hut- or neighbouring huts- but on the sand away from the hut. We have the right to charge for any damage which occurs due to BBQ use.
20. Notices on how to use the gas bottle and hob are provided in the beach hut. Please take time to read these and familiarise yourself with them-so you can best enjoy your experience and stay safe. There is a fire extinguisher/blanket available, please inform the emergency services and ourselves in the event of a fire and take proper safety precautions.
21. No Liability is accepted for any loss, damage, sickness or injury however caused which may be sustained during the time at our hut, to the guest or any member of the party, or invited persons, or any car or its contents, or any possession of the guest or any member of the party.
22. Valuables should not be stored in the beach hut and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property.
23. Behaviour at the hut should be in keeping with a family environment and should not be excessive, noisy or disruptive. The person who has made the booking is responsible for the obligations and conditions of hire. We reserve the right to ask you to leave if any member of the party is displaying unreasonable behaviour, causing a nuisance to other people or damage to the hut. Please can we ask that you try to keep to the boundaries of our beach hut in order not to encroach on our neighbours’ space, and allow room for people to pass on the promenade, directly in front of the beach hut.
24. Please be aware of the steps leading to the door of the hut and take every care to use them safely, children or those with mobility issues must be supervised and/or assisted on the steps.
25. Please ensure children are supervised and that no guests climb on hut roofs.
26. We provide a range of games and sand toys but ask that no ball games are played on the promenade or inside the beach hut.
27. Please bring in all outdoor equipment after use.
28. No radios/cd/mp3 players allowed.
29. No gazebos are allowed.
30. In the unlikely event of a problem, all complaints must be received by the end of the days hire to enable any issues to be resolved. Please note that no correspondence can be entered into concerning complaints made upon departure or after you return home.